World Class Stadiums & Sporting Club Solutions
Boasting an unrivaled reference portfolio of projects for iconic stadiums, our highly experienced local staff have a key understanding of design, manufacturing, logistical and construction risks and opportunities in large-scale projects such as tensile membrane stadium roofing.
From covered bar areas and amenities blocks, to spectator shade cover and full-span stadium roofing, MaxMax Australia and our global Taiyo Group family has been involved in some of the most stunning and iconic stadium projects around the world.
Some of the major Stadiums within our reference portfolio are:
- Homebush Stadium, Sydney, 1999
- Adelaide Oval, 2003
- The Gabba, Brisbane, 2005
- Rat Rafter Area, Brisbane, 2008
- Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast, 2010
- Optus Stadium Perth, 2017
- Anna Mears Velodrome, Brisbane, 2017
- Memorial Drive Tennis Centre, Adelaide, 2019
- Melbourne Park, Australia Open Showcourt 3, 2019
- CBUS Stadium (Repair), Gold Coast, 2020
- Sydney Football Stadium, 2022
- Hong Kou Stadium, Shanghai, China, 1999
- Shanghai Stadium, China, 2001
- ‘Big Eye Stadium’ Oita Prefectural Sports Park, Japan, 2001
- Niigata ‘Big Swan’ Stadium, Niigata, Japan, 2001
- Toyota Stadium, Aichi, Japan, 2001
- Wuhan Stadium, Hubei, China, 2002
- Incheon Moonhak Stadium, South Korea, 2002
- Kumagaya Dome, Saitama, Japan, 2003
- Shanghai International Circuit (F1), China, 2004
- Nantong Stadium, Shenzen, China, 2006
- Kunshan Stadium, Jiangsu, China, 2006
- Shanghai International Tennis Court, China, 2007
- Chepauk Stadium, Chennai, India, 2010
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi, India, 2010
- Ranchi Stadium, India, 2010
- Shenzhen Universiade, China, 2011
- Shenzen Baoan Stadium, China, 2011
- Panjin Sports Centre, China, 2013
- Zaozhuang Stadium, China, 2018
Africa & Middle East
- King Fahd Stadium, Saudi Arabia, 1986
- Saida Stadium, Lebanon, 2000
- Dubai Cricket Stadium, UAE, 2007
- Kuwait National Stadium, Safat, Kuwait, 2007
- Durban Stadium, South Africa, 2009
- Cape Town Stadium, South Africa, 2009
- Nelson Mandela Stadium, South Africa, 2009
- Hazza bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2014
- Khalifa International Stadium, Doha, 2017
Europe & the Americas
- Rome Olympic Stadium, Italy, 1990
- Georgia Dome, USA, 1992
- Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, USA, 2000
- Hamburg Volkspark, Germany, 2001
- La Plata Stadium, Argentina, 2003
- Karaiskaki Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece, 2004
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Texas, USA, 2009
- Gdynia Stadium, Poland, 2010
- Legia Stadium, Warsaw, Poland, 2010
- New York Red Bull Stadium, USA, 2011
- Talisman Center, Calgary, Canada, 2011
- Mineirao Stadium, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2013
- Arena Fonte Nova, Salvadore, Brazil, 2013
- Brasilia Stadium, Brazil, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, USA, 2017
- Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid, Spain, 2017
- Suzanne Lenglen court at Roland Garros, Paris, France, 2022
Sports Court Canopies
Allowing natural light through the translucent membrane, yet keeping players cool and comfortable in hot conditions, and dry during inclement weather, architectural fabric structures are perfect for full-coverage sports court canopies. The MakMax Sports Court Canopy is a lightweight structure, making it ideal for large-span coverage.
MakMax has created canopies for;
Grandstands & Grounds
World-class stadiums are not the only sporting facilities that can benefit from tensile membrane architecture. MakMax Australia has extensive project experience with sporting facilities of all types. Keep your players, spectators and club patrons comfortable with a range of shade and weather solutions.
Schools & Sports Clubs
MakMax Australia has worked with a number of small sporting clubs and associations to provide shade and shelter for athletes and spectators.
Our small spectator stand covers are strong, lightweight and reasonably economical when compared to traditional buildings.
MakMax Velarium: Variable Shade System
NEW PRODUCT: The MakMax Velarium is a variable shade system.
The MakMax Velarium variable shade system is created using opposing sets of PVC mesh panels supported by a cable span steel structure. At the push of a button, the shade panels close from the outside to the centre. Able to be closed all at once, or in various sequences, the amount of shade and shaded areas can be controlled.
The MakMax Velarium variable shade system is an adaptable system that would suit any application requiring large span column-free variable shade. The Velarium variable shade system is also suited to grass sporting facilities where a full canopy would not allow enough sunlight to filter to the playing surface.
Perfectly suited for swimming pools, where some sunlight is still welcome, The MakMax Velarium variable shade system was first installed at St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School in Brisbane.
Optus Stadium in Perth
Sports Court Canopy, multi-use sports, Salesian College, Sunbury VIC
Fabric Canopy Roof, Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, QLD
Translucent Membrane Skylight Panels, South Australia Aquatic Centre
Custom fabric canopy over practice court, Burswood Tennis Centre, WA
Would You Like More Information about Stadiums & Sports Club Solutions?
Contact us today to discuss your project requirements. We are the market leader in the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of custom fabric structures for a wide variety of applications and industries. We have extensive project experience and offer endless possibilities when it comes to custom design solutions to meet your needs.