Enjoy Year-Round Bowling with a MakMax Bowling Green Canopy
The MakMax Australia team of in-house engineers and designers specialise in bespoke bowling green canopies and shade solutions for clubs right around Australia.
A custom-designed lightweight fabric canopy by MakMax offers protection from both sun and rain, providing year-round bowling. We are the market leaders in the delivery and design of fabric shade structures for bowls clubs, with an extensive project portfolio including;
- Tried and tested bowling green canopy designs
- Bespoke design and engineering, and well as fabrication and installation
- A range of commercial umbrellas and modular shade pavilions for for your club’s hospitality and spectator areas
As the official shade partners for Bowls Australia since 2013, we have a history of supporting and understanding the needs of bowling clubs and can successfully deliver a world-class bowling green canopy for your club.
MakMax Bowling Green Canopies and Custom Shade Structures
MakMax Australia installed our first Bowling Green Cover over Club Pine Rivers in Brisbane in 2010. More than a decade later, we have installed more world-class Bowling Green Canopies and Custom Shade Structures than any other supplier.
As a keen supporter of our local club, Merthyr Bowls, as well a key sponsor to Bowls Australia, our close working relationship with the Australian bowls community can be seen in our track record of delivering innovative and premium-quality bowls club roofing and shade structures.
Why Install a Bowls Roof At Your Club?
- A custom designed bowling green cover by MakMax Australia offers protection from sun, wind and rain. It also blocks 100% of harmful UV rays, allowing you to maximise the use of your bowling green.
- Club competitions, as well as functions and events, can be held year-round, regardless of the weather.
- Translucent membrane roofs are particularly suitable for sports like bowls, as they provide an extremely even natural light with very little shadowing during the day.
- With a fully-integrated lighting system, night-time use of the bowling green adds a range of social opportunities, from barefoot bowls and social club competitions to private or community functions and events.
- Designed to cover synthetic greens, a canopy will minimise maintenance and maximise the longevity of the surface
- Unique and highly noticeable, a bespoke bowling green canopy will attract players, spectators and social visitors to your club and become a focal point for the local community
The "SkyDome" at Karingal Bowls Club in Melbourne. A single-green PTFE Hawksbill (leaning arch) Canopy.
The BPL13 Final held under MakMax's first Bowling Green Canopy at Club Pine Rivers, built 2010
Cabra Bowls in Cabramatta NSW, 2012
Wests Leagues Club, home of the New Lambton Bowling Club. Built in 2013, it was our first Hawksbill (Leaning Arch) design
Cooktown Bowls Club. Built in 2015 with steel structural supports engineered to withstand the monsoons and cyclones of Tropical North Queensland.
Salisbury Bowling Club, Adelaide SA - 2017
Club Sapphire Merimbula NSW - 2016
Torrensville Bowling Club, SA. The first of our Loggerhead canopies (Vertical Peak Design) - 2019
Sandhills Sports Club - home of Bargara Bowls Club, QLD - 2020
MakMax Bowling Green Canopy Design
Offering full bespoke design options for our Bowling green canopies, MakMax offers limitless possibilities in creating a unique bowling green canopy for your club. We start with a range of tried and tested canopy styles, designed and engineered by MakMax Australia’s in-house team of technical experts, and then we customise each and every detail for your club. Some of our most popular canopy styles include;
(Barrel Vault Design)
Parallel arches and perpendicular struts create a clean, simple and efficient roof covering with a natural barrel vaulted fabric shape.
(Vertical Arched Peak Design)
Contrasting peaked central arches with valley cables and ribbed arched struts around the perimeter, this canopy style feels incredibly lightweight and open.
(Leaning Arched Design)
A striking visual design employs leaning arches and valley cables to create the exciting sawtooth profile.
For more details on our Bowling Green Canopies and bespoke design options available for your club, view our brochure or download a copy.
Other Shade Products for Bowls Clubs
MakMax Australia provides a range of shade solutions for your club. Maximise the use of your dining and function areas with an architectural umbrella. MakMax can also install a larger modular shade structure for players, spectators or function spaces.
Would You Like More Information About Bowling Green Canopies?
Contact us today to discuss your project requirements. We are the market leader in the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of custom fabric structures for a wide variety of applications and industries. We have extensive project experience and offer endless possibilities when it comes to custom design solutions to meet your needs.