WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY (WHS) POLICY
Taiyo Membrane Corporation/MakMax Australia (“the Company”) is committed to the establishment of a safe and healthy workplace, safe working methods, and the provision of safe equipment. Workplace health and safety is considered by management to be an integral and vital part of the successful performance of any job. The Company has implemented a workplace health and safety management system based on AS/NZS 4801.
This policy sets out the responsibilities of the Company and its employees/contractors with the aim that together we can keep the workplace safe and productive.
The Company, as a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU), is committed to:
- Integrating workplace health and safety into all aspects of its operations;
- Identifying hazards, assessing risk and implementing control strategies to minimise risk of injury to people and property;
- Ensuring the relevant Acts and Regulations that apply to working conditions and the work environment are observed and enforced;
- Encouraging consultation in addressing safety issues;
- Developing and implementing safe systems of work;
- Providing adequate safety information, training and supervision;
- Designing, purchasing, installing and maintaining a safe site and machinery;
- Ensuring that the workplace under their control is safe and without risk to health. The Company will always be held accountable for identifying any unsafe or unhealthy conditions or behaviour;
- Ensuring that the behaviour of all persons in the workplace is safe and without risk to health;
- Attempting to remedy all problems relating to workplace health and safety;
- Consulting with workers and other parties to improve decision making on workplace health and safety matters; and
- Supporting and assisting workers in effective injury management and rehabilitation.
All employees and contractors are required to:
- Adhere to safe work practices, instructions and rules;
- Immediately report any unsafe work condition or equipment to the Company;
- Not misuse, damage, refuse to use, or interfere with anything provided in the interest of workplace health and safety;
- Perform all work duties in a manner which ensures individual health and safety and that of all other employees;
- Encourage fellow employees to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment; and
- Co-operate with all other employees to enable the health and safety responsibilities of all employees be achieved.
COMMUNICATION AND CONSULTATION
The Company recognises that employee consultation and participation in our safety system is vital and improves decision–making about health and safety matters in the workplace.
Suggestions for change and improvements to policies, procedures or safe work practices are encouraged, through reporting to management. The manner of doing so will vary depending upon the type of information to be conveyed.
Management shall work in conjunction with employees to review and update this, and other, policies and procedures.
MAKMAX Australia Pty Ltd
Reviewed: 16/10/18 Ver.10/18
Back to ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE