The Memorial Drive Tennis Club in Adelaide is steeped in history and is an icon of South Australia.
The Club has been located at its current site since 1923 when a clubhouse and grandstand were built. The Club started in 1914 as South Australian Lawn Tennis Club, and for more than seventy years the Club was the headquarters of South Australian tennis.
The Club went through a major redevelopment and revamp in 2019, including an upgraded Centre Court with a new canopy.
The Centre Court canopy at the Adelaide Tennis Centre is a credit to the city of Adelaide. The roof allows international tournaments to be played either during the day or at night.
The canopy is large enough so that it protects temporary movable seating and corporate function event areas installed around the Centre Court for major tournaments.
The structure is a showpiece that ensures Adelaide a place on the international tennis stage for the long term.